A dozen frequently asked questions and their answers:
1. What is it you do?
- We specialized in identifying, engaging and acquiring casual and non-golfers. There are four types of golfers: core, avid, casual and non-golfers (consumers) in every market.
- Core golfers are golfers who play 50 – 100 rounds and use their calculator to make the decision whether or not to buy a membership, an annual pass, etc. In short, these customers play the most and spend the least.
- Avid golfers a.k.a weekend golfers will play 25 – 50 rounds a year. They troll the internet and third party tee-time websites for the cheapest round they can find. They buy fast food on their way to the course and when they finish their round, they go straight to their local bar or restaurant to end their day. These golfers spend very little in the course’s profit centers and their loyalty is given to their third party tee-time vendor.
- Casual golfers golf 8-12 times a year. These golfers are the big time spenders. They know they will only golf a few rounds each year and want to enjoy the experience to the fullest. They shop freely in the pro shop buying staple items like gloves, balls, tees, clubs, shoes, apparel, logo balls, caps, etc. They hit range balls. They buy drinks and food from the restaurant, ride in a golf car, and buy snacks from a cart girl. They end their round and head straight to the club house to eat and drink with their buddies.
- Non-golfers (consumers), these golfers may play 1-6 times a year, in some cases, these consumers have never played a single round. This group will follow the same spending patterns of the casual golfer since it was probably a casual golfer who brought him/her to the course.
The key to growing the game, your business, and your golf career is balancing your tee-sheet and books with the right combination of all four groups of golfers. This is what MMC® does.
2. How does it work?
- MMC® provides intense demographic profiling of the consumers in your area, to deliver an audience that no other program can reach. Our promotion connects your golf facility with hundreds (if not thousands) of new “casual golfers”, and eliminates the need for discounting tee times, advertising specials, etc….all of which devalues your product in the mind of the local market.
3. What does it cost?
- Our programs are completely self-funding…they don’t require any start-up capital. We are paid on a performance basis, so we don’t make money unless our promotion makes money for you. And yes, we guarantee it and put it in writing.
4. Are you going to guarantee the results…if not…why not?
- When you give a lesson, do you guarantee the student will shave an exact number of strokes off his/her game? Of course not, and you couldn’t even if you are absolutely confident in your teaching ability because it depends somewhat on the effort of the student. But we do guarantee you the promotion will be no risk and self-funding. We also guarantee you if you don’t make money, you won’t owe us a dime!
5. I don’t want to do any sort of discounting.
- We are not asking you to discount. We simply want to create a lower barrier to entry to widen your market share for the next 90-120 days. All we want to do is “re-package” what you are already selling. Our casual and non-golfers normally end up spending more over the term of their golf membership than core and avid golfers under your existing business model.
- Coupons, punch cards, last minute discounted green fee play are all devastating ideas because they are one shot chances for building lasting relationships. It is impossible to build long term relationships in a 4-hour round. These are not sustainable practices in contrast to MMC®’s concept of committing the golfer to a golf membership (built in loyalty). Now the golfing dollars will be spent at their new golfing home…your golf property. This is forward thinking with long term stability as the focus.
6. How do I know that this will work for me…my market…etc.?
- There are only two things we need for our program to produce the big numbers. We need to have good demographics (population of at least 25,000 homes within a 30 mile radius of your golf facility), and we need a good perceived value to investment ratio. Even if you are weak in one of those two areas we can still run a successful campaign for you.
7. I need to think about it.
- Is what you’re doing currently producing the results you desire?
- Haven’t you already been thinking about this long enough?
- Haven’t you been hoping for good weather long enough?
- Haven’t you been hoping again to get all of your outings in long enough?
Hope is not a plan for success. It’s time to stop the insanity of doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
8. I like it, but I will need to see what my staff, family or my partners think.
- We completely understand and encourage you to have them visit our website as well or call one of our representatives to ask questions. We want everyone on board from the start so the campaign can flourish without interruption.
9. This doesn’t really seem like the right time of year…too busy, not busy enough, poor weather, etc.
- There is no tomorrow when it comes to success. Now is the perfect time to launch the promotion. We have run successful promotions during every season of the year. If you’re busy right now, you should be preparing for the slow times; if it is already slow, you’ve already waited too long. Now is the time.
10. I don’t think the other golf clubs in the area will be very happy with us…we partner with them on many things.
- Do you partner with them on your expenses and bills? We have seen this scenario play out in the past where one of our prospects was “thinking” about running our campaign and talked to his competitor for his opinion. We were completely unaware of the “thinking party” because he had seen our postcards but had not spoken with us. His competitor called us (after speaking with the “thinking party”) and locked up the market while the “thinking party” was still consulting with his other competitors.
Later the “thinker” called us to do our program but it was too late since we were already partnered with his competitor. You must do the best thing for your golf property no matter what others may think.
11. This is just too radical…it seems desperate.
- It definitely is a game-changer. Let’s not confuse “desperation with innovation” and “opportunity”. Yes our program is definitely different, however as you know the golf business has changed, and we have to change how we run our golf properties to be successful. We can no longer continue on with “business as usual”. The only way to grow a business especially in this climate is by thinking outside the box. MMC® identifies, engages and locks up long term relationships with casual and non-golfers. These are two segments that have been illusive to the industry until now. Penetrating new segments of consumers commands a new approach. If you follow the herd, they will lead you to the slaughterhouse. Growing a business demands forward (radical) thinking.
12. Why shouldn’t we run this promotion on our own?
- Visit the rest of our site and see the hundreds of tools involved and the years of trial and error that went into perfecting this promotion and you’ll know to attempt it without this education would be financial suicide.
- But just to give you one common sense reason, let me pose one common sense question… How many golf club promotions have you launched, managed and successfully completed that generated more than $1,000,000 in immediate cash while increasing annual net profits by 50% or more in 90 days or less? MMC® has successfully launched, managed and completed over 350 golf-member acquisition promotions for golf clubs throughout the US thus far.
- When you partner with MMC® you are taking all of the guess work out of the equation because this is all we do 24/7, 365 days a year. Twenty percent (20%) success fee is a small price to pay for peace of mind. The revenue that you will waste on mistakes alone will far exceed the 20% not to mention the enormous losses in potential earnings. This is not the type of promotion you let an amateur “hack at” to see if he/she can get it close to the hole or, “inside the leather”.
- Please view the video “Why you need MMC®?” in the FAQs section.