Golf marketing is paramount if you want to have peace of mind and financial freedom. I want you to never forget this… ABP–Always be prospecting: when it comes to prospecting I believe in the shotgun method. I know that when it comes to golf marketing, the more you do it, the more success you will experience. So do it all….always.
Over the next few days I will discuss the pros and cons of some of the most popular mediums often used for golf marketing golf properties. Today we will start with radio.
- Targets a larger market.
- Allows you to be creative in your advertising campaigns through sounds and music.
- Good support advertising medium.
- Easy to produce.
- Short exposure.
- Limited content.
- Lack of “track-ability” for ad success rate.
- Lack of visual perception from the audience which makes it hard to remember.
- The prospect cannot go back to go over important details.
- In some cases, radio is considered background noise and does not have a focused audience.
- Ads are sometimes considered to be an unwelcomed interruption of music.
- No tangible reference for residual effect.
- Ad clutter, i.e., one after another.
- Listeners often switch stations to avoid listening to ads.
- You must advertise to more than one station to simultaneously reach your audience.
Personally I love to throw in some radio spots into my golf marketing campaigns. I like being able to engage that market although the demographic profile is elementary at best. The key to this golf marketing medium is to make sure you really iron out exactly what message you want to get out and make sure you can convey it in a 30 or 60 second spot. Radio engages the auditory senses so maximize that aspect of your delivery. Think about the mood you are looking to set and then get the music that will move your listeners to that mood.
There are five questions you must answer for every listener in every golf advertisement you put out for your golf course:
1. What is it?
2. What’s in it for me?
3. Can you prove it?
4. Do I need it now?
5. What emotional need is it going to fulfill?
Incorporate radio into your golf marketing strategy and you will grow your golf course, the game and your golf career.
For more free tips on growing the game, increasing rounds through golf course marketing, golf marketing, golf course campaigns, golf campaigns, professional golf membership sales and advancing your golf career visit us today @ www.golfmarketingmmc.com or call 904-217-3762.